First Aid Responder Refresher
STAC has designed our First Aid Responder Course to be produce highly confident First Aiders with the skills and knowledge to provide care until arrival of emergency services. The course is focused on practical skills and scenario training, this is baked up with the theory sessions to provide the solid foundation of knowledge and understanding.
- A replacement for Occupational First Aid
- Recognised by Health & Safety Authority from 1st November 2016
- Meets all the requirements of the current Health & Safety Standards and requirements for employee training.
- Develops a preventative approach to accidents and incidents within the workplace.
On completion of the First Aid Responder course participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate up-to-date practical skills
- Explain new developments in First Aid
The course includes:
- Cardiac Emergencies- Incident Management
- Patient Assessment
- Injury Management & Shock
- Care of Unconscious Patient
- Burns & Electrical Injuries
- Common Medical Emergencies
- Adult C.P.R. & AED
- Infant C.P.R & AED
Valid Occupational First Aid OR First Aid Responder Certificate, prove of certification required. Proof of last date of assessment required. Burden of proof is on the learner, and may effect certification of training.
Duration: 2 Days
Student: Instructor Ratio 8:1
Certification: 2 Year certification of Competence, from Pre-Hospital Emergency Care Council recognised by Health & Safety Authority, following successful assessments.