STAC Brings years of classroom expertise to the virtual world without losing the dynamism and passion for which we are renowned. Our new blended and remote learning solutions include features such as
- Each learner receives a pack including a manikin, AED trainer, books/manuals*
- CPR practice at home with feedback
- The use of interactive quiz technology to gamify your learning.
- In-person classroom time is reduced to help protect you.
*Manikin & AED have to be returned to STAC; failure to do so incurs extra charges
Blended Course, in the drop-down list to the right, select the first date of the course of your choice. The first two days are remote by ZOOM - Day three in brackets at our training centre in Raheen, Limerick.
September 20th 21st (October 1st)
November 1st 2nd 3rd (November 18th)
November 8th 9th 10th (November 18th)
November 15th 16th 17th (November 29th)
November 22nd 23rd 24th (November 29th)
December 6th 7th 8th (December 17th)
December 13th 14th 15th (December 17th)
Course Details: First Aid Responder (Blended Learning)
STAC has designed our First Aid Responder Course to produce highly confident First Aiders with the skills and knowledge to provide care until the arrival of emergency services. A solid foundation of knowledge and understanding.
- A replacement for Occupational First Aid
- Meets all the requirements of the current Health & Safety Standards and requirements for employee training.
- Develops a preventative approach to accidents and incidents within the workplace.
On completion of the First Aid Responder course, participants will have the skills to:
- deal with life-threatening or potentially life-threatening until the arrival of emergency medical services.
- Provide pre-hospital First Aid Response in a wide range of environments, including home and recreational settings.
- Display the requisite personal skills, including composure, competence, and self-confidence, while understanding their limitations.
The course includes:
- Incident management
- Cardiac emergencies
- Patient Assessment
- Injury management & Shock
- Care of Unconscious Patient
- Burns & Electrical injuries
- Common Medical emergencies
- Adult C.P.R. & AED
- Infant C.P.R & AED
Duration: 3 Days consisting of 2 days instructor directed remote learning & 1-day classroom
Certification: 2 Year certification of Competence, from the Pre-Hospital Emergency Care Council, recognised by Health & Safety Authority, following successful assessments